Author: Janet Hope
The issue of fraud is pervasive at the individual citizen level and also at the business/large organisation level. This Useful Guide has been written to help the elderly and retired who, as a group, present any easy target to fraudsters and doorstep scammers.
If you have elderly relatives and friends this Useful Guide will help you to help them be safe.
What the Useful Guide includes ...
- why older people are seen as easy prey
- how to deal with door to door sellers
- how to prevent distraction burglaries and deal with bogus callers
- how to avoid telemarketing scams
- how to use the internet safely
- how to get property repairs done properly
- access to a downloadable useful and comprehensive checklist
- a list of helpful websites for reference and detailed information.
Upon completion you will be able to ...
- advise your relatives and friends how they can protect themselves from fraud
- give specific advice and guidance on particular types of fraud affecting the older generation
- know where to go for specific advice on fraud prevention.
About the Author
Janet Hope is a former fraud investigator and fraud manager for local government. She is also the author of ...
- A Useful Guide to Self Management